“Close Guantanamo NOW” event
Los Angeles Federal Building, Jan. 10, 2020
18 Years Too Long
Friday, Jan. 10, 2020 ~ 9:15-10:30 am
Los Angeles Federal Building
300 N. Los Angeles St., LA CA 90012 (map)
Mark the 18th anniversary of Guantanamo’s opening and the human rights violations it represents.
President Trump: Guantanamo and torture are illegal.
CLOSE IT NOW! Prosecute government officials involved in torture and release or fairly try detainees!
Organized by the Interfaith Communities United for Justice and Peace (www.icujp.org) and endorsed by Courage to Resist.
- Mohammad Tajsar, ACLU of Southern California
- Michael Rapkin, Guantanamo Bar
- Shakeel Syed, former director, Islamic Shura Council
- Jim Lafferty, National Lawyers Guild LA
- Carley Towne, Code Pink
- Fayaz Nawabi, Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Shane Que Hee, Out Against War
- Moderated by Rev. Louis Chase, ICUJP
- Music by Stephen L. Fiske and Fidel Sanchez
- ACLU of SoCal
- Code Pink LA
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Courage to Resist
- Defending Rights and Dissent
- National Lawyers Guild
- National Religious Campaign Against Torture
- No More Guantanamos
- Out Against War
- Physicians for Social Responsibility-LA
They should blow that place up and turn it into a parking lot. It’s a disgrace to the civilized world.