Pacific Northwest Jan/Feb events presented by Jeff Paterson
Bradley Manning, a 24-year-old Army intelligence analyst, faces life in prison for allegedly sharing the “Collateral Murder” video of a US helicopter attack that killed 11 civilians and wounded two children in Baghdad, Iraq with the WikiLeaks website. Bradley has also been charged with blowing the whistle on the “Iraq War Logs”, the “Afghan Diaries”, the “Gitmo Files”, and embarrassing US State Department cables. All of the documents released have added significantly to public knowledge of war crimes, civilian casualties, government corruption, and the over-classification of information. No one has been harmed and the information has helped fuel pro-democratic protests globally.
Bradley Manning Support Network campaign organizer Jeff Paterson will provide a multi-media presentation to include:
• An overview of US v. Bradley Manning
• His report from the Fort Meade courtroom where Bradley had his first court hearing after 18 months of pre-trial confinement
• Updates on the international grassroots campaign
• An opportunity to make a tax-deductible donation to Bradley’s defense fund, which in addition to supporting public education efforts is responsible for 100% of Bradley’s legal expenses
• Introduction to the new Courage to Resist book, About Face: Military Resisters Turn Against War—from Army Lt. Ehren Watada to PFC Bradley Manning, and two dozen other stories. Published by PM Press, September 2011.
Please help Courage to Resist support the troops that refuse to fight with your urgently needed tax-deductible donation today. Donate today.